In connection with numerous votes, including entrepreneurs, regarding the recognition of the initially adopted public aid related to COVID-19 as insufficient, on April 9th, 2020, the Sejm adopted a draft amendment to the so-called anti-crisis shield, the so-called version 2.0.
Below is a list of the most important solutions aimed at financial support for enterprises, broken down into those that result from the anti-crisis shield and those that can be used outside the shield, if generally applicable regulations give greater possibilities.
Proposals for assistance to entrepreneurs envisaged by the anti-crisis shield 2.0:
- Extension of the so-called parking benefit up to 3 months (from the current one-off payment amount). The parking benefit is up to PLN 2,080 and relates to downtime in running a business due to a virus. This applies to entrepreneurs conducting business activities and persons performing an agency contract, mandate contract, other service contract, to which the provisions on mandate or a specific task contract apply (civil law contracts – the condition that a person cannot be subject to social insurance for another contract).
- Extension of the group of entrepreneurs entitled to exemption from paying social security contributions, to so called small entrepreneurs, employing 10 to 49 employees. If the enterprise manages to maintain the employment level, then 50% of the contributions will be covered from public money.
- The catalog of entities benefiting from employee wage subsidies has been expanded.
- Additional payments to employees’ salaries from the Guaranteed Employee Benefits Fund – no obligation on the employer to maintain the workplace after the end of the financing period.
- Support mainly for the transport sector by the Industrial Development Agency.
- Possibility of specifying property tax exemptions or extending the payment deadline for real estate tax installments by the municipal council to specific non-governmental organizations.
- Changes in transfer prices – extension to September 30th, 2020, of deadlines for the preparation of local and group transfer price documentation for entities with tax year ended before December 31st, 2019.
In addition to strictly tax solutions presented in the 2.0 anti-crisis shield, several solutions have appeared that may raise your interest:
- Loan reliefs – for new business start-ups.
- Renegotiation of credit terms for all companies regardless of the size.
- Financial resources directed to stop COVID-19 will be secured against forced enforcement (as part of civil proceedings, acts of court bailiffs and administrative enforcement).
In addition, the government is working on the next version of the aid package, the so-called Anti-crisis shield 3.0. Below are the most important solutions to be included in this package:
- Postponement of the deadline for introducing online cash registers
- Further postponement of the WHT obligations for both PIT and CIT taxpayers, plus the option of extending the validity of residence certificates or the use of copies (a draft ordinance in this respect is being prepared)
- Exemption from interest from PIT if we submit a declaration after April 30th (draft regulation is being prepared in this respect)
- Possible postponement of current CIT advances
- A change is being considered, very preliminary, of abandoning the split into revenue sources in CIT to offset income and losses between financial and other revenues
If you are interested in any of the above points, please contact us and we will determine with you which of the above solutions can be used in your company.
The scope of work:
- Analysis of the company’s situation in terms of choosing the form of assistance.
This is the first stage of our work, on the basis of which you will receive information on which forms of aid and in what dimension can be used.
After conducting the analysis, depending on its result, we propose further actions:
- Preparation of applications, documents and statements regarding the selected form of aid.
- Possible submission of applications to relevant institutions on the basis of a power of attorney in the event of difficulties on the part of the entrepreneur to send documents himself.
- Support for the relief process (contacts with authorities, preparation of supplements at the organ’s request).
- Possible preparation of legal remedies in the event of unjustified refusal to provide aid.
- Cooperation and ongoing contact with tax authorities and ZUS in the process.
Based on the above information, we will verify the obligation to prepare documentation for the appropriate office or institution, and then inform you about further steps.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.